Wednesday, November 12, 2008
My Early Game Of The Year Pick & GOW2 First Impression
After playing FALLOUT 3 for 25 hours now it's clear to me that this game is the best game I've played all year. It's clear that Bethesda spent 3 years making it. I spent 70+ hours on their other title OBLIVION. I never finished that game because well it got rather boring after playing it that long. I really don't see that happening with FALLOUT 3. There is no doubt in my mind that I will easily be able toi get 100+ hours out of FALLOUT 3. The side quests alone have me fully immersed in this post apocalyptic world. The characters are interesting. The creatures you battle are interesting. The side quest stories are also interesting. Once again I have to say that even people who don't care for role playing games will probably like this game. I definitely feel like I'm getting my 60 dollars worth as well. At this point I don't even want to make time for all of the new games being released. I'm fully addicted to this one. Time will tell if I continue to feel this way, but I'm pretty sure my mind won't be changed.
I actually did take a day off from playing FALLOUT 3 to finally pop Gears Of War 2 into my Xbox 360. After listening to podcast after podcast over the past year as well as reading previews and reading reviews I already knew what to expect from GOW2. It's a prettier version of GOW with better multi-player modes. With that being said I haven't played any of the multi-player or co-op modes yet. I started the single player campaign though. To me it was underwhelming. I've never been a huge GOW fan, but I do consider myself a fan of the GOW world. Afterall this was the second game I ever played on the Xbox 360. I also remember that I had a ton of fun playing the original GOW campaign on co-op with a good friend of mine. I decided to start the GOW2 campaign on Hardcore mode because I had heard over and over again that if you had played GOW and finished it this is where you should start. I'm glad I did because I found the first level to be a cakewalk. Then again I never really had a lot of trouble with hardcore on the first GOW either. All in all I spent an hour playing GOW2 because I just wasn't wowed by it. I thinking if I were co-oping the game with a friend or polaying Horde mode I'd be having fun with it. Playing it alone just isn't floating my boat though. I think my other issue with it right now is how linear it feels after playing 25 hours of FALLOUT 3 where I can go and do whatever I want in a vast world full of things to do. NOT that I'm comparing GOW2 to FO3 because I'm definitely. not. Just saying...
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- Left 4 Dead Left Me Feeling Underwhelmed
- Things I'm Thankful For Video Games & Robster Craw...
- Another One Bites The Dust
- The New Xbox Experience Is Here
- Low Blow Sony, Low Blow
- Gripes About People That Play Music Games
- Gears Of War 2 Second Impression
- Mirror's Edge Demo...Meh
- My Early Game Of The Year Pick & GOW2 First Impres...
- Gears Of War 2...I Own It And Still Haven't Played...
- The Bleakest Game Ever Created?
- I Really Couldn't Care Less About Politics
- GAME CRAZY!
- ▼ November (13)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!