Thursday, November 13, 2008

Mirror's Edge Demo...Meh


Before Mirror's Edge was released I was hearing a ton of good things about it. The guys who do the In Game Chat podcast (formerly Evil Avatar Radio) were gushing about how great the demo was. After hearing them talk nonstop about it I had to check it out for myself. In case you don't know what this game is all about it's a first person platformer where you are constantly running and jumping from bulilding top to building top. When I played it I found that a lot of it had to do with trial and error. You basically die a bunch of times untill you figure out exactly where it is that you have to jump. I also found that at the times the controls were unforgiving. The art style is actually quite cool, and probably the best thing about the game. From what I'm hearing there is some combat in the game, and that combat truly sucks. On top of all of this the game is a short 5 to 6 hours to finish. $60.00 for a game that will frustrate me and that I'll be able to finish in 5 to 6 hours? No thanks. I'll pass.

Watch The IGN Mirror's Edge Review

No comments:

Games I'm Playing:

Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360)







About Me

My photo
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!

Total Pageviews