Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Bleakest Game Ever Created?


I started playing FALLOUT 3 this past Monday. In case you weren't aware it's a first or third person (depending on how you want to play it. I choose to play it in the first person view) action rpg set in the post apocalyptic world of Washington D.C.
I can honestly say that I've never played a game that is as bleak and hopeless as this one. There are no happy fun times. There are no bright vibrant colors in this world. Everything about this game is dismal and depressing. Bethesda really nailed this world perfectly. The vibe of the game is like no other I've ever played. I'm about 9 hours in and I have to say early on that this is one of THE best games I've ever played. I like the fact that you're on your own to wander and explore always having to watch your back so some crazed mutant or insanely big radiated creature doesn't kill you. I see myself spending a lot of time with FALLOUT 3. I'm liking it so much that I may actually hold off on buying any other triple a titles untill after I finish this game.

Watch The Gametrailers.com Review For Fallout 3

5 comments:

Repro said...

I got my R2. I didnt check my mail until this morning, sucks cause I could have played all day yesterday. Today is my one day off from work. I'll start the godliness up in a while. Long live Nathan Hale!

Repro said...

I got a $10.00 off from Amazon for Preordering R2. Didnt even realize it was offered. So it was only 49.99 no tax free shipping. :)

I only played a little while so far. I left Europe and it is a few years later and I am somewhere in the US, Forgot where.

The life evergy is different. So far, it is exactly like the Call Of Duty 2 that I have on my PC. Where you turn red around the screen, and need to hide to get healthy, or you die.
You only get two weapons at one time now. You have to drop one to pick up one. Also like COD. LOL. I like either health way, but I'd prefer to be able to stockpile lots of weapons. :)


My credit card company charged me a fucking $39.00 late fee. I paid my bill on 10-31, it was due on 10-29. I called them up and got them to give me the $39.00 back. It pays to bitch, and I'm good at it.

Repro said...

I'm winning trophies and kicking chimera ASS. The scenes near the Golden Gate Bridge are fantastic!

=Nathan Hale

Robert said...

I hope you'll play through it again on co-op with me. I haven't bought it yet due to so many games coming out this November. I will pick it eventually though. I take it you're enjoying it though. :)

Repro said...

I can't wait to play co-op. I'll play for sure.

Games I'm Playing:

Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360)







About Me

My photo
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!

Total Pageviews