Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sick Of Being Overweight


I'm at the point in my life where I'm sick of being overweight. I'm not morbidly obese or anything, but I need to be 20 lbs lighter. Diets just don't work. Well, they do work, but not for very long. Atkin's works. It's just a very limited diet in terms of things you can eat. My body needs fiber. I don't get enough of that with the Atkin's diet.

America is overweight because of easy access to convenience foods and lack of exercise. The laziest people in the world are Americans. My problem is that even though I power walk at least five days a week for 40 minutes I stay at the same weight. My diet is to blame. I eat too many processed foods with empty carbs. I don't eat nearly as many as I used to, but I still eat too much of those junk foods. Of course I also never stop at one slice of pizza either. No, I have to eat an entire pizza. At this point I've changed my diet to more protein as well as fruits and vegtables. I'm also drinking tons of water. It's a no brainer that I'm feeling better and have more energy. This is the diet for life. I really need to stick with it. I don't like feeling lethargic and crappy. That's the way I felt when I was eating tons of processed foods.

Eating 5 or 6 small meals a day is also helping with cravings. I never really feel hungry. I think all of the water I'm drinking also helps. I've cut my calories down by about 500. I will slowly but surely lose weight. My goal is to be at 180 by the beginning of November. I weighed in at 195 when I started.

Don't get me wrong with this blog entry. I'm not preaching. I love high carb foods. I'm just sick of having an ugly gut, feeling lethargic, and I'd like to hit old age without having a million health problems.

3 comments:

Repro said...

I'm a fat lazy pig. Sucks.

That one year I jogged I went from 193 to 132 in about 14 months. I am not at the point where I feel I want to do that again. Or if I can stay motivated, but I did like being 132.

Repro said...

"Thanks for using GameFly. Your membership has been canceled."

LOL

I kept Infamous for another cost of $43.00.
I was 5 days from my next bill. It was time. I prefer to buy used games off ebay, and sell back games I don't want. I can spend when I have the extra money, and not have to pay an extra $17.51 bill each month.

Robert said...

Yeah, I'm getting tired of Gamefly too. I may cancel soon. I'm gonna see what they send me next. If it's a game that's low on my list they can bite me.

The whole losing weight thing is more about health than anything. Personally I don't really give a shit what I look like. I just want to feel as good as I can feel. BTW Holy shit! 132 lbs from 193 is amazing!

Games I'm Playing:

Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360)







About Me

My photo
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!

Total Pageviews