Friday, July 10, 2009
Top 10 Most Famous Cars
Through the years we've seen tons of cool cars on television and movie screens. Some of them don't seem as cool now that I'm almost 37 years old, but the memories still remain from my childhood. I've always had a love affair with cars. I generally like a car that looks sexy and goes fast. It speaks volumes about the car I drive now. As usual this list isn't in any order. It's just a list of 10 of the most popular cars that I dig.
1) 1969 Dodge Charger aka "The General Lee" from The Dukes Of Hazzard. (Like a lot of kids I loved this car to death. I even have some pics from 4th grade posing in front of it at a car show.)
2) 1974 Ford Gran Torino aka the car From Starsky & Hutch. (I barely remember anything about this show because I was really young when this show was on. I do remember the car though.)
3) 1977 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am aka the car that Burt Reynolds drove in "Smokey & The Bandit". (Once upon a time I owned a Firebird. Mine wasn't the cool 1977 Firebird though. Mine was like the one Michael Knight drove. The 1977 Firebird is/was badass!)
4) 1982 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am aka the car in Knight Rider. (It doesn't do much for me now...probably because I drove one just like it for a few years. Same color too. Now my brother in-law's wife owns it. It's a rust bucket piece of junk now. It was decent when I drove it.)
5) 1932 Ford Deuce Coupe aka the car John Milner drove in American Graffiti. (Man I fell in love with this car and Milner's Deuce Coupe when I first saw American Graffiti back in 1982. Waht a sweet street rod.)
6) 1979 Ferrari 308 GTS aka the car from Magnum P.I. (Never cared for the tv show, but damn I wanted to drive that car.)
7) 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 fastback aka the car fron Gone In 60 Seconds (Man, I'd give my left and right nuts to own this car. Shit, i'd even give up sex for a year for this car.)
8) 1968 Ford Mustang 390 GT aka the car from the movie Bullitt. ( I have yet to see this film, but it's qued up for instant streaming via Netflix on my Xbox 360. I hear the chase scene in this film is still the best ever.)
9) 1978 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 aka Forrest Whittaker's Camaro in Fast Times At Ridgemont High. ( This movie is full of great scenes. Two of those scenes involve this car. It's a riot when Mike Damone is told "DON'T FUCK WITH IT"! Of course there's also Jeff Spicoli declaring "I can fix it" after wrecking it.)
10) 1948 Ford Deluxe aka the car from Grease. (Very cool old school ride. I'm not big on convertables, but this one os sharp even with those crazy lightning bolts...afterall IT'S GREASED LIGHTNING!
Check Out These Links
- ▼ July (10)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!