Monday, December 15, 2008

Life After Finishing A Great Game


As you know I finished FALLOUT 3 recently. I've commented on how it's one of my favorite games ever created. I pretty much worship it at the almighty video game altar. OK, so I'm laying it on a bit thick here, but damn was it incredibly fun. Now the dilema is finding a game that is as fun an experience as FALLOUT 3. I don 't think it's going to happen for a while. I know that this is the time of the year for all of the best triple a games, but I just don't see myself having the kind of experience that I just had with FALLOUT 3.

Yesterday I took a trip to my local Hollywood Video to rent a couple of games. I went in with at least 6 games in mind for possible rentals. I picked up two games because I had a coupon to get two rentals for the price of one. One of the games that I picked up was not on the list in my mind. That game being LEGENDARY. I've heard mostly bad things about LEGENDARY, but of course I have to see for myself. If I listened to what everyone had to say Overkill wouldn't be my favorite band. Anyway, I haven't played it yet because at the moment I'm playing the other game that I rented. That game being DEAD SPACE. DEAD SPACE has gotten tons of good/great reviews. It currently has an average review score of 89.1% at gamerankings.com. Thus far it's a good game, but it's not wowing me. It looks nice. The gameplay is good, and the story isn't bad so far. Compared to the high that I just got from FALLOUT 3 it's weak though. It's kinda like that rebound g/f you end up with after a bad breakup with a girl that you loved with every fiber of your being. The new g/f is hot and all, but you just don't have that deep connection that you had with the girl before her. I'm sure I'll get over the fact that I'm done with FALLOUT 3 in time. I know a lot more video games will come and go, but none of them will equal the greatness of FALLOUT 3. I will have a few more flings with FALLOUT 3 when dlc is released next year, so at least I have that to look forward to.

No comments:

Games I'm Playing:

Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360)







About Me

My photo
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!

Total Pageviews