Friday, May 1, 2009

Rock Band Impressions


I realize this game isn't new, but after playing Guitar Hero 1 and 2 on the PS2 when they were released I was beyond tired of music games. Rock band is definitely a better game than any of the Guitar Hero gamnes I've played, but the track list is just crap in my opinion. I know music is in the ear of the beholder, but man these songs just aren't fun to play. At least the modern songs aren't. I'm going through the solo career on vocals right now and I have to say that I'm really not having fun with most of these songs. It's no wonder there's a ton of DLC. There would have to be for anyone to wants to keep playing Rock Band. I'd have say that I don't care about 85% of the songs included on the disc. I'm guessing it would be more fun playing with other people even if you're playing a song that you don't like. For me to enjoy Rock Band I'm pretty sure I'd have to shell out a ton of cash for DLC. As tempting as buying Judas Priest's 'Screaming For Vengeance' is I can't bring myself to do it because I don't plan on buying Rock Band. At this point it's just a rental from GameFly. If I owned it I would definitely buy 'Screaming For Vengeance' complete because it's one of my favorite albums ever. I'd also pick up Megadeth's 'Peace Sells...But Who's Buying'. That's yet another one of my favorite albums.

The best thing about Rock Band vs Guitar Hero is that you don't fail out of a song when you're royally screwing the pooch. I definitely like that aspect of the game. On the flip side I'll take Guitar Hero for the songs. The GH games just seem to be more suited to my musical tastes. Which reminds me that I need to put Guitar Hero Aerosmith on my GameFly GameQ...

For me Rock Bands fails only because I don't like most of the songs on the disc. When Bon Jovi's 'Wanted Dead Or Alive' is a welcome song to sing vs most of the songs you know there's a problem.

3 comments:

Sacrilegium said...

They need to have some songs with blast beats in there.

Repro said...

I don't play these games.

Robert said...

Blast beats would destroy the plastic drum kit so so bad kid.

Games I'm Playing:

Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360)







About Me

My photo
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!

Total Pageviews