Monday, October 4, 2010

Music You Should Be Listening To In rOCTOBER


It's my favorite time of the year. Summer is gone. Thank You!!! Everyone who digs metal or hard rock should be cranking evil heavy metal or at least creepy tunes. Not that it all needs to be creepy. Some of it is just kinda fun Halloween stuff. Now let me suggest some appropriate rOctober music.

1) Alice Cooper! Just about anything Alice has released will do, but there are some choices that are better than others. Welcome To My Nightmare is a good place to start. I'd rather pinpoint specific songs though. You can't go wrong with songs like Dead Babies, I Love The Dead, Ballad Of Dwight Fry, Welcome To My Nightmare, This House Is Haunted, and many more.

2) King Diamond (All of it really. It's King's specialty. I prefer THEM to all of his albums though. Not much is creepier than old people. Just ask G-G-Grandmaaaaaaaa!)

3) Misfits (Lots of good stuff from the Danzig era. Songs like Die Die My Darling, Horror Business, London Dungeon, Ghouls Night Out, Skulls, Mommy, Can I Go Out And Kill Tonight?, and Death Comes Ripping should get anyone into the mood for Halloween.

4) Wednesday 13 (Transylvania 90210: Songs of Death, Dying, and the Dead was my first introduction to Wednesday 13. I'll sum up their sound like this: Take Alice Cooper, Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson, Misfits catchiness, and throw it all in a blender. Wednesday 13 is what you get, and this album rules.

5) Rob Zombie (Hellbilly Deluxe is a great album to play in rOctober. It's catchy as hell and the songs reek of every b horror movies Rob has ever seen.

6) Obituary ( Cause Of Death and Slowly We Rot are both great albums for this time of year. COD also happens to be my favorite Death Metal album ever.

7) Manimals (Horrorcore is a fine Halloween time album. Search out this album.

8) Bronx Casket Co. (This is DD Verni's side band when he's not tearing it up in Overkill on bass. I recommend the following songs: Little Dead Girl, Sherimoon, Bleed With Me, Mortician's Lullaby, Sewing the Dead, Dead For The Moment, Creeperia, Who Lives Forever, and their cover of Metallica's Jump In The Fire.

9) Helloween ( You gotta listen to Halloween. AAAAAHHHHHHHH IT'S HALLLLLLOOOOWEEEEEN!

10) Mike Oldfield (Tubular Bells anyone? You couldn't get me to listen to this one in my basement in the dark for any amount of money.

11) B.O.C. (Don't Fear The Reaper. It's a classic. It's still got this underlying creepy factor to it.

12) Dokken ( Dream Warriors. I always associate this one with this time of year. Well that and Freddy Kruger

13) E.L.O. ( Fire On High. That may seem like an odd choice, but give it a listen alone in the dark.

14) Black Sabbath (They have a few like Black Sabbath, Electric Funeral, and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. Black Sabbath the song takes the prize though. It's creepy!

Part 2 coming soon....

No comments:

Games I'm Playing:

Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360)







About Me

My photo
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!

Total Pageviews