Monday, October 25, 2010
Fallout New Vegas Thoughts & A Channel Called Hub
It took a while, but I'm finally digging Fallout New Vegas. I was getting my ass handed to me by just about every enemy you can imagine. I was obviously in over my head and going in the most deadly places on the map. I figured I explore and look for some side missions. After getting my ass kicked by just about every enemy you can imagine I ran into a Deathclaw and finally said fuck this. I decided to try and just follow the main quest until I level up a bit. I'm glad I wised up and decided to do that because I'm having a good time with the game now. Some of the new creatures are no joke. The Cazadors were really pissing me off. It's pretty clear that some of the creatures in New Vegas just weren't meant to be messed with until you've reached a higher level. I don't remember it being this way in Fallout 3, but of course this isn't Fallout 3 no matter how much it feels like it is. My other issue with New Vegas is the lack of stimpacks. It seems like it's all about other health items that raise your health over an amount of time depending on what you ingest. I've mostly been using Sunset Sarsaparilla. That seems to be the most effective way to replenish health.
There have also been some bugs here and there. The game only froze on me once. That was 37 minutes in. Probably the most annoying thing for me is how sluggish things can get while you are walking through the wasteland. It stutters here and there while the game is loading new environments. I've also witnessed creatures clipping through walls. Once when I was fighting two Fire Gecko's I shot one and it flew straight up in the air about 100 feet and just hovered there. Honestly though I expect glitches and bugs in a video game world that is this vast. Things have gotten better with the latest patch though. I'm having fun in New Vegas. That's all that really matters.
Now a heads up to anyone who likes old tv shows from the 70's and 80's. I just discovered a channel on Directv that I didn't know existed called HUB. At the moment I'm watching a GI JOE cartoon from 1984. Before that I caught the end of an episode of Transformers. Other notable shows are Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, Doogie Howser M.D, The Wonder Years, Batman, and Fraggle Rock. Hopefully they continue to add different shows from the 70's and 80's. http://www.hubworld.com/
Check Out These Links
- Fallout New Vegas Thoughts & A Channel Called Hub
- Vicodin Induced Ramblings
- Jagermeister Music Tour - Slayer, Megadeth, Anthra...
- Are Metal Fans The Worst Music Fans?
- Why Don't I Enjoy Horror Movies Like I Used To?
- Top 5 Games You Need To Be Playing This Fall
- Music You Should Be Listening To In rOCTOBER
- Holy Crap It's Been A Year!
- ▼ October (8)
- ► 2009 (73)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!