Tuesday, June 23, 2009
6 Bands That I Can't Stand
A few of these bands actually have ONE song that I enjoy with the rest of their output being a steaming pile of monkey shit.
1) U2 (The very first band that comes to mind! They may be the most overrated band ever! When I hear songs like "With Or Without You", and "Where The Streets Have No Name" I puke in my mouth a little. The weird thing about bands that I hate like U2 is that they do seem to manage to create one song that's actually worth a shit. That song is "New Years Day".)
2) Lynyrd Skynyrd (I never could stand this band or 99% of Southern Rock. It's just terrible. "Free Bird" makes me run to the radio to turn the station. It's just so boring to me. I've heard one song from this band that I do like. That song is "That Smell". Again, a band that I can't stand that has one good song.
3) Pearl Jam (I hate this band. I hate the "grunge" genre. I can't stand Eddie Vedder's voice. There has only been two songs where I like his vocals. I like the song "Not For You". His vocals still aren't great, but at least they are tolerable. The other song isn't even a Pearl Jam song. The song "Hunger Strike" by Temple Of The Dog is basically his only great moment.)
4) The Who (Yet another overrated band. It may actually be Roger Daltrey that ruins this band for me. Then again a lot of the music is just bland in my opinion. Again, the one and only song by The Who that I actually like a lot is "Eminence Front".
5) Voivod (If ever there was music that should be played as a form of torture it should be Voivod's music. They suck! As long as I live there will never ever be a song by this band that I enjoy. Come to think of it this band should be in the number 1 spot...not that these bands are in any real order.
6) Nevermore (Anyone who has ever seen me post on various Metal message boards in the past ten years knows that I cannot stand Warrell Danes's vocals with Nevermore. He just ruins the band for me. He has to have the most boring voice in metal. Skip sleeping pills when you can't sleep. Just listen to a Nevermore album. BTW the image above is the talentless idiot Warrell Dane. Note: He was once a good vocalist for the band Sanctuary. What the hell happened is anyone's guess. If this band had a different vocalist they would probably be a decent band.
Check Out These Links
- ▼ June (6)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!